The Institute accomplishes this mission by providing workshops to help citizens address their concerns, choose their battles wisely, find solutions and reclaim their voice. It also promotes this effort as a think tank by advancing these same common sense solutions.
Our country is in the midst of a very serious and dangerous crossroad – one that usually ends in the demise of a democracy. Individual freedoms are not free - and the responsibility to limit government and other self-interest groups from excess liberties has long been neglected.
By engaging citizens to stand up for what is right restores balance to “we the people”. The result being a prolonged harmonic society with maximum opportunity, liberty and happiness for it’s citizens.
Whether you are concerned about the impact of a growing government, needless hurdles affecting your life or other issues that need correction, please read some of our topics and share your thoughts in our forums.
Become a member today and support our cause. Together we will make the positive changes our society so desperately needs.
- Sequestration Defense Cuts
- Pledge to Ignore Gun Control
- Smart Meters
- Student Aid and Law of Unintended Consequences
- Lecture Series by Hillsdale College
- Principles to Strengthen Rule of Law
- Constitution and Limited Government
- Israelis peacefully demonstrate for social values
- Debt Limit Debate Has Just Begun
- To All Elected Representatives…
- Americans UNITE to KEEP America FREE!
- Reasserting Federalism in Defense of Liberty
- Whatever Happened to Free Enterprise?
- Tea Parties and the Future of Liberty
- Single Threat to Future of Our Country
- Coming Constitutional Debate
- Room at the Top
- Socialism vs Corporatism
- America's War on Terror... Or is it?
- Health Care in a Free Society
- Future Prospects for Economic Liberty
- Education, Economics, and Self-Government
- Assault on the Boy Scouts
- Individualism and Societism
- Threat from Lawyers is No Joke
|Move to End Income Tax|
Congressman and Former Presidential Candidate Ron Paul feels America can exist without an income tax. The idea seems radical, yet in truth America did just fine without a federal income tax for the first 126 years of its history. Prior to 1913, the government operated with revenues raised through tariffs, excise taxes, and property taxes, without ever touching a worker's paycheck.
The harmful effects of the income tax are obvious. First and foremost, it has enabled government to expand far beyond its proper constitutional limits, regulating virtually every aspect of our lives. It has given government a claim on our lives and work, destroying our privacy in the process. It takes billions of dollars out of the legitimate private economy, with most Americans giving more than a third of everything they make to the federal government. This economic drain destroys jobs and penalizes productive behavior. The ridiculous complexity of the tax laws makes compliance a nightmare for both individuals and businesses.
Indeed were are witnessing a serious grass roots movement of disaffected taxpayers that is growing in this country. Millions of Americans are fed up with the current tax system, and they will bring pressure on Congress. For example, citizens in every state are organizing and planning to participate in a Taxed Enough Already (TEA) party in their communities planned for this July 4th. Click on this link http://www.teapartyday.com/ for further information and contact your elected officials to express your feelings.